We don’t know everything. That can be pretty difficult to hear, but it’s an honest statement. God knows all. We fall short of being all-knowing. The exciting part is that there is always room for us to grow and learn.
Below are some books that I’m in the process of reading (or just finished). Also, I’ve listed some artists and podcasts that have pushed me to grow. Perhaps the words, lyrics, and teachings will be meaningful to you.
- Unqualified by Steven Furtick (Check out my post on the book – Summer Reading: (Un)qualified by Steven Furtick)
- Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- First Things First by Stephen R. Covey
- Crash the Chatterbox: Hearing God’s Voice Above All Others by Steven Furtick
- Silent Seasons: Trusting God When You Don’t Understand by Heather Lindsey
Thanks to Pandora.com and my local church’s worship team, I have been exposed to some incredible music ministries. Here’s what’s on my playlist these days:
- Hillsong Worship
- Hawk Nelson
- Danny Gokey
- for KING & COUNTRY
- Lincoln Brewster
- Elevation Worship
- B. Reith
- Building 429
- Jeremy Camp
- Smokie Norful
- Matt Redman
- Ryan Stevenson
- Matthew West
- Jonathan McReynolds
- 7eventh Time Down
- Jordan Feliz
- United Pursuit
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- The Walls Group
- The Tri-City Singers
- Britt Nicole
- Chris Tomlin
- Jesus Culture
- Lauren Daigle
- Joseph Solomon (Poetry/Music)
- Tenth Avenue North
- Stephen Curtis Chapman
- Casting Crowns
The podcasts below have teachings that go well beyond the surface of life. The teachings can lead to some deep and meaningful reflection.
- Real Life with Cornelius Lindsey
- Elevation Church Podcast
- Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast
Now that you have gotten a glimpse of what’s on my list, I have a few questions.
- How are you growing from what you are reading and listening to? Is that growth in a direction that is consistent with your faith and beliefs?
- What books, artists, or podcasts do you recommend?
Blessings and Love,
2017 copyright by PurposeOverFear